The company is a
private general hospital with a total capacity of 187 beds, including Royal
Suites and VIP Rooms. It offers a variety of services with multiple specialties
in an all private room inpatient facility. Our employees are drawn from around
the globe and are well trained in their respective area of expertise. Our
outpatient clinics are set up with highly advanced diagnostic, clinical, and
state-of-the-art medical equipment.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both
operational and programmatic support to the organization.
Supervises the finance unit and is the chief
for the organization.
The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive
Officer (CEO) and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all
strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost
benefit analysis and treasury management. CFO is required to ensure that the
company financial reporting comply with Reporting framework that applies to the
company and the company corporate governance structure is in place and adhered
with. CFO is also required to ensure that IT strategy of the company is
implemented keeping in view the completeness, integrity and usefulness of the
data to report to the BOD, and senior management of the hospital. Job Summary
- Develops finance organizational
strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and
recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional
objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Mentoring the Finance Unit and other staff on
raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including
fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in
the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Work on price negotiations with insurance companies
in accordance with the approval from DHA for the facility
- Head Pricing committee to select package prices and
- Finalize prices for cash patients (30 percent of
- Participate in developing new business,
specifically: assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities,
the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost
effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts
and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation
- Negotiate with Banks for re-structuring, obtaining
new loans at most competitive rates which results ultimately in increasing net
profit of the company
- Providing the senior management with an operating
budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis
support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Monitor operational banking activities of the
- Oversee the management and coordination of all
fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational
revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, development and monitoring of
- Help Engineering and HCD to obtain best quotation
for insurance of assets, malpractice and staff healthcare hence enhancing
profit of the company
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard all financial transactions and activities of the organization
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Help in developing cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer to employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Help in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Responsible for the recruitment and evaluation of the Finance Department staff which also includes the revenue cycle management department.
- Attend the meetings of and report to Board of Directors at the request of the Chief Executive Officer or board members.
- Attend the meetings of group finance office at the request of the Chief Executive Officer or group finance office.
- Attend, Chair and assist in all hospital management committees as nominated by the CEO
- Responsible for the annual external audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of
the organization and with staff, essential.
- Strong problem
solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make
decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of
integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and
Profitability, Strategic Planning, Vision, Quality Management, Promoting
Process Improvement, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets,
Financial Skills, Dealing with Complexity. Corporate governance skills,
Internal control skills and experience in implementing and working in ERP
- CA (Chartered Accountant) or CPA (Certified Public
degree or Equivalent in accounting plus minimum 8-10 years of work