The Company is a
private general hospital with a total capacity of 187 beds, including Royal
Suites and VIP Rooms. It offers a variety of services with multiple specialties
in an all private room inpatient facility. Our employees are drawn from around
the globe and are well trained in their respective area of expertise. Our
outpatient clinics are set up with highly advanced diagnostic, clinical, and
state-of-the-art medical equipment.
- The Chief Nursing Officer is
responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe and
effective patient and family focused, quality care and will provide advice on
nursing and, midwifery matters to the Chief Executive Officer, nursing and
midwifery professionals and other clinical and non-clinical staff.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team the
CNO will fully contribute to the corporate management, decision making and strategy
development of Hospital. The CNO is a key member of the
inter-professional team and ensures that standards for nursing care are adhered
to, to meet the established standards and JCI requirements.
- The CNO will lead the professional
development and education of nurses, midwives and in collaboration with team members is accountable for ensuring that
selection of right candidates for the department, orientation and service
activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Hospital plans,
policies and timelines. This position is responsible for identifying risks in
these processes, informing leadership and actively participating in managing
- The CNO will
work with senior management colleagues to ensure active prevention and control
of infection and that the hospital environment is clean and safe for everyone.
- S/he will develop and maintain effective
monitoring arrangements for measuring nursing and midwifery performance against
clinical and non-clinical patient outcomes
- S/he will work closely with the Chief
Medical Officer, Quality Manager and others to ensure robust clinical governance
arrangements are in place and rigorously reviewed. This includes clinical audit
and clinical risk management and learning from complaints and incidents.
- The CNO will maintain effective links with
the Human Capital Department on nurse and midwifery development issues, and
ensure the range of further and higher education programs of development are
fully integrated with the organization’s Learning and Development Plan and
- Ensure effective nursing and midwifery
workforce planning arrangements are in place, (including arrangements for
educational provision) to ensure that the future needs of the organization
nursing and midwifery staff are understood and appropriately met and are
consistently monitored and reviewed in line with changing service delivery
needs and performance
- Develop and implement coordination across
the care continuum to optimize patient outcomes and experience
- Participate in hospital organization development
- Develops department rules and regulations and
policies pertaining to nursing staff’s, duties and responsibilities, licensing
and accreditation etc.
- Oversee the Management and utilization of
departmental resources to ensure that services are provided in a timely,
efficient manner by effectively utilizing human, physical and financial
- Establish career path for nursing division.
- Participate in hospital wide quality and educational
- Ensures the appropriate selection, orientation, and
training and performance evaluation of staff across the organization as
- Supports and empowers an integrated,
inter-professional infrastructure for evidence-based healthcare thereby
providing the opportunity to continuously update clinical practice based on
recent advances in healthcare research
- Develops robust quality, innovative and
productivity plans on an annual basis, ensuring there is a strong project plan
in place to support delivery of key operational targets.
- Creates an
environment within Nursing that emphasizes the need to learn from the results
of patient family and staff surveys and risk management systems to ensure high
standards and safe quality care.
effectively with all staff in a manner consistent with their level of
understanding, culture and background, proactively seeking out solutions to
improve communications and teamwork.
- Participates in staff orientation aimed at
developing competence and performance.
- Budget and manpower planning for the entire Nursing
- Accountable for all the related activities of JCIA,
including Nursing Chapter leader.
- Facility planning, succession planning.
- Define and achieve goals for every division under
- Participates in retention activities.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, skills and
professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and
maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Adheres to Company standards as they appear in the
Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ten years of progressive management experience in a multi-specialty hospital.
ability to design, coordinate and evaluate plans of staffing and patient care
experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
experience with clinical information systems, including staffing and
communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in
written and spoken English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Developing and
- Develop and
personal and organizational capability
- Result orientation
- Collaborate and
- People and
- Team leadership
- Case Management
strategic planning and support
- Customer impact
Dubai Health Authority Professional License as
Degree in Nursing or health related field, or Masters in Business
Administration from an accredited University.