Oversee the smooth operation of the property when on duty with specific emphasis on guest services and safety and security, in compliance with Fraser Suites Dubai's standards.
- Oversee all guest related service processes from pre-arrival to welcome, during stay up to departure from the property; to ensure the highest possible standards of satisfaction are attained.
- Respond to any guest complaints and other related issues promptly with empathy and professionalism.
- Protect the welfare and interests of guests and ensure the safekeeping of the property.
- Complete inspection of entire property as per daily checklist.
- Check statistical data on days proceedings as regards to room revenue and occupancy.
- Assist all departments when needed for successful operation of the hotel.
- Ensure professional and effective lines of communication are maintained between Front Office and all other operating departments, with particular emphasis on Housekeeping, Maintenance, Security and outlets.
- Ensure the Duty Log is accurately updated with an emphasis on concise reporting. Accomplish competitive survey.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality and discretion in all dealings.
- Personally attend to VIP guests and guests with special needs to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are attained at all times.
- Ensure special amenities and services are delivered on time and are personally followed up with the guests concerned.
- Communicate daily activities, objectives and required information to all direct reports.
- Respond to any fire alarms, potential emergencies and requests for medical assistance by guests and/or staff.
- Input into the front office system revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports.
- Review and implement procedures as they apply to the audit function as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Follow up high balance and report to Operations Manager or Assistant Operations Manager.
- Make all necessary decisions when assigned at night under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Liaison between Housekeeping, Engineering, Security, Front Desk, and the other departments within the hotel.
- Follow up the grooming standards of Front Office Team.
Oversee work performance of new colleagues when it comes to guest relations, posting, audit and balance reporting.
- Help train front desk staff, new hires on-the-job-trainees (On the Job Training) and cross-trainees.
- High School graduate or any equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Hospitality qualification.
- Basic knowledge on accounting operations.
- Two years previous experience in a similar role; and cash handling experience.
- Highly competent user of Opera or similar PMS, Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Vingcard and related hospitality proprietary software packages.
- Competent Oral and Written English Communication Skills
- Strong organisational and work co-ordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and projects.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of all emergency procedures, including but not limited to, fire response, emergency medical procedures, bomb threat plan, water leak emergency procedure, gas leak procedures, electrical failure procedures and elevator procedures.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and have a drive for results.
- Professionally groomed.
- Discretion and trustworthiness due to frequent contact with confidential material.
- Able to multi task and work under time constraints.
- Quick at mathematical calculations.
- Adaptable to change.
- Sense of humour.