To provide effective leadership of the sales and marketing function by executing strategies that result in revenue, brand awareness and customer engagement targets being achieved in accordance with the hotel’s business plan.
- Lead the Sales Team by providing clear direction on individual and team action plans with an emphasis on results based activities.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of industry trends, developments, competitor activity and other external factors that have a direct bearing on “The Property” Riyadh.
- Develop and execute an annual business plan in accordance with “The Property’s” Hospitality market segmentation and reporting standards.
- Set and review sales revenue targets by market segment and develop strategies to achieve identified outcomes for short stay transient and extended stay business.
- Grow client base and ascertain new business in all markets –TO, Corporate, Consortia, Groups, MICE, e-commerce.
- Maintain effective business relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
- Conduct regular sales team meetings to review month-to-date and year-to-date performance against forecast.
- Conduct regular revenue meetings to forecast demand and set appropriate rate strategies.
- Set and direct channel management strategies, both on line and via the GDS.
- Represent “The Property” Riyadh in all sales activities including travel trade shows, site inspections, client sales calls, and product training.
- Manage the “The Property’s” CRM in accordance with group standards.
- Manage tele-sales with a minimum of 50 calls per week to new potential corporate clients (business development) converting calls into appointments.
- Generate a minimum of 8 new producing accounts per calendar month.
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry associations deemed beneficial to “The Property” Riyadh – Chambers of Commerce etc…
- Manage relationships with key business partners including GDS representation, General Sales Agents, third party websites, and travel management companies (TMC’s).
- Actively promote and generate leads for other “Group” properties.
- Implement effective promotional activities that support business plan objectives using social, print, on line, consumer direct and B2B channels.
- Direct public relations strategies that deliver positive media coverage, generate editorial content, brand profiling, industry awards other associated activities beneficial to “The Property” Riyadh.
- Position the property in all sales and marketing collateral, advertising, editorial content, sales contacts and direct marketing activities as a ‘Deluxe’ classification serviced residence (5 star hotel equivalent) in the GCC market, and ‘Gold Standard’ serviced apartment in accordance with “The Group” Hospitality brand guidelines.
- Ensure all marketing communications, collateral production and branded promotional items comply with the “The Group” Hospitality brand guidelines.
- Consult with and direct designers, printers, photographers, cinematographers and other external creative providers to develop marketing and collateral concepts that support the brand positioning in accordance with the business plan.
- Liaise with regional sales on all sales and marketing initiatives deemed beneficial to “The Property” Riyadh.
- Take a leadership role in developing customer service initiatives and recognition programs that strengthen client relationships.
- In consultation with the General Manager and Finance Manager, prepare the annual business plan, revenue and financial budget.
- Compilation and implementation of Sales and Marketing Plan (including main targets, market segments, advertising, PR and Exhibition).
- Ensure expenses for sales activities, promotions and functions are managed within budgeted guidelines and in accordance with stated policies and procedures.
- Submit expense claims on a regular or monthly basis, or as soon as possible after returning from sales trips in the required format.
- Prepare and submit a monthly sales report on time that reflects consolidated information from sales team activities, market intelligence and any necessary adjustments to the business and marketing plans.
- Observe and comply with the company’s requisition and purchase order system.
- Engage with the sales team and all direct reports to assist them to align individual and department goals and targets with those of the hotel.
- Conduct ongoing performance appraisal reviews in line with company guidelines for all direct reports.
- Develop the sales team to become motivated by goal setting and achievement, and be results oriented.
- Ensure the completion of timesheets and requests for personal leave for all direct reports are managed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify appropriate training and development needs for the sales team.
- Demonstrate leadership by setting a positive and professional example.
- Actively observe all workplace OHS requirements and report any issues to the relevant department manager without delay.
- Actively promote ROC.IT core values within the team and across all departments.
- Communicate effectively with all other operating departments of the property.
- Attend daily operations and sales briefings, weekly sales meetings, revenue/yield meetings, department head meetings, workplace safety meetings, monthly financial meetings and any other required meeting.
- Attend and deliver presentations to the owner, owner’s appointed representative and/or senior “The Group” Hospitality executives as required.
- Actively contribute to and manage the Balanced Scorecard relative to the sales department function.
- Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offerings to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Participate in “The Group” Hospitality group initiatives that may involve special projects, marketing activities and new developments.
- Attend sales conferences and be available to travel on pre-arranged assignments.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA’S)
- Develop a tactical marketing plan that successfully targets identified market segments.
- Set and review sales team performance. Ensure appropriate sales targets established with accountability for achieving all required activities to achieve goals.
- Effective implementation of the business plan. Review and update as and when required.
- Achieve budgeted revenue targets across all revenue streams eg: rooms, F&B, banquets and events.
- Manage and control department expenses in accordance with the budget guidelines.
- Achieve budgeted RevPAR.
- Achieve above fair market share within “The Property” Riyadh’s identified competitor set. Aim for No. 1 rank.
- Effectively promote and position “The Property” Riyadh to its target market.
- Establish team sales goal and ensure the sales team meets individual and collective KRA’s.
- Manage key corporate, leisure (wholesale, DMC) and MICE Clients.
- Innovate and identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
- Implement effective and accurate demand forecasting using BI tools to set appropriate rate strategies to optimize revenues.
- Co-ordinate close frequent and open communications between Regional Director of Sales & Marketing (Corporate Sales) and the property.
- Lead, manage and motivate an effective team of sales professionals to drive the department to achieve individual and collective goals.
- Actively promote ROC.IT core values within the team and across all departments.
- Prior experience in the KSA in the hotel/serviced residence market (Upper upscale segment) at Director of Sales and Marketing level. Minimum 3 years in role of DOSM in an internationally branded property with a track record of progression and achievement.
- Formal qualifications at tertiary level in sales and marketing or a related hospitality field.
- Good Knowledge and reference in the KSA market.
- Revenue focused. Emphasis on quality and high value outcomes. High achiever.
- Able to take appropriate action with minimal guidance
- Ability to conceptualize and execute strategies for self and team, clarify and assign tasks and seek commitment of others.
- Focus on achieving successful outcomes by engaging others in the process.
- High degree of proficiency in English language (written and spoken), able to deliver effective presentations to small-medium sized groups, principled negotiator, able to share ideas and enlist the support of others.
- Effective leadership and coaching skills, hands on, leads by example, supports others.
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment, responsive to the needs of the business and stakeholders
- Seeks to learn and adopt new technologies and techniques, open to suggestion, inquiring mind
- Inspired thinker with a keen understanding of design and lifestyle, travel and tourism, new media and with an eye to the future.
- Customer first outlook. Engaging and human. Genuine.
- Executive presence. Standard bearer. Ability to coach and enhance skillset of others.
- Operate to high standards in all dealings for self and others